Learn how to try a custom-made product like a bundle.
Creating Custom Wholesale Draft Orders on Shopify
As a Shopify store owner, you may find that customers are interested in ordering wholesale products, like beauty kits and eyeshadow palettes, with specific customizations that aren't available as regular sample products. Shopify's platform allows you to create a draft order for these unique requests and manage them effectively. This document will guide you through the process of creating a draft order for custom items, marking it as paid, and using this feature to request formulation into viaGlamour's cosmetics lab.
Step 1: Create a Draft Order
To begin, navigate to the Shopify admin dashboard and follow these steps:
- Go to the Orders section.
- Click on Drafts.
- Select Create order.
Here, you can add the custom beauty products that your customer is interested in purchasing. Since these items are not available as standard products due to their custom nature, you'll manually create them within the draft order.
Step 2: Add Custom Items to the Draft Order
For each custom item:
- Click on Add custom item.
- Enter the details of the product, such as the name, price, and any relevant customization details.
- If necessary, you can also add a note to specify further details or instructions for viaGlamour's lab.
Step 3: Set Yourself as the Customer
- In the "Find or create a customer" section, add yourself as the customer. This will help you keep track of the order internally.
- Input your store's details or your personal information in the customer information fields.
Step 4: Apply Payment
Once you have all the custom items and your customer information set:
- Click Save to save the draft order.
- From the draft order page, select Mark as paid.
By marking the order as paid, you're indicating that this order is ready to proceed without needing an actual transaction. This is an organizational step to let you track which custom products have been requested for formulation.
Step 5: Organizational Purposes
It's important to note that when an order is "marked as paid" on Shopify's dashboard:
- The merchant's credit card is not charged the full retail amount of the products.
- This action is for organizational purposes only.
- It allows you to keep a record within your Shopify account of custom items that have been requested for sampling or formulation.
Step 6: Notify viaGlamour's Cosmetics Lab
After marking the draft order as paid:
- You should notify viaGlamour's cosmetics lab of the new custom order.
- Provide them with the details and any special instructions needed to fulfill the custom request.
Remember, communication is key. Ensure that all custom specifications are clearly documented and shared with viaGlamour to ensure that the final product meets the customer's expectations.
Draft orders are a versatile tool on Shopify that can be used for various purposes, including creating orders for custom wholesale items. By marking a draft order as paid, you can efficiently manage and track custom product requests without affecting your financials. This process is instrumental in organizing your collaboration with viaGlamour's cosmetics lab and ensuring that all custom orders are fulfilled to your customers' satisfaction.